Thursday, December 14, 2006

fantasy lines

we moved from calling collect to blueberry cellphones
all enabled with blue tooth & countryside carpet signals
from PCs to 40 gigabyte 500 grams laptops
& BMX bicycles traded for 3 series beemers
we cruise the autobahns doing 240 getting orgasms out of speed
we live the good life every evening we toast to success
three ships whisky is now standard this is triple malt spirit
no longer smoking homegrowns cuz the past is gone
get the freshest supply of weed we smoke @ golf courses
incinerate bank notes as sacrifice to the god of wealth
weekends for carnivals appease the ghetto - beer flows like river nile
we here still believing there must be more to life than this


live

i never shied away from dying
though my resolve's to be a rider
when i tried suicide twice
i was given my reason for living
i was shown proof of a higher calling


soldier to soldier

i value the simplest things about life
cuz i never had them growing up
i love my ghetto kings & queens
cuz i was a ghetto boy growing up
i share the littlest of things, even my bhudda joint
with everyone that ever shed tears with me
sometimes i drink & pass out helps me see another day
sometimes i pray 'til i shake for every member of my team
i have a dream like martin luther king jnr
can you please share yours with me
when i had a baby my world changed started living for her
wonder if she'll live for me when i turn 65
i live my life the way i like
but ain't no future for me
got diverted from the path of salvation
i reap rewards of being curious
i got love for this ghetto that jacked me up
but i'm gon' dump it like a bitch if it cheats again
got given deep scars
that today i expose
adore every gash & its stitches
i have a wish i repear 7 times every day
in my prayers in my fits activated by gin
plus i love all those who out facing the cold
got respect for my soldiers with bruised elbows & white knuckes
cuz once in a while i was that soldier - & i am today

No comments: